Deprecated capability, where is updated tutorial?

Hi,

I’m new to Flow and Cadence but have come quite far, I think. I have 20+ years of software development. Right now I am working with capabilities but my editor (VS Code with Cadence plugin) is complaining about capabilities deprecation when I follow tutorials on developer.flow.com.

I’m trying out “account.capabilities. …” but I would like to read the official documentation about this new capability stuff, where can I find it? Seems the tutorials aren’t up-to-date?

Or am I missing something here? :slight_smile:

Best regards
/Nicolas

1 Like

Hi, welcome! Can you provide a more specific example of where you’re facing issues? Any links would be helpful so we can double check and fix anything.

The tutorials on https://play.flow.com/ should be all up to date and explain in depth what is happening, including capabilities (once you get past the first couple tutorials). There’s also some really good guides on the community Flow learning site Emerald Academy (run by a community DAO). You can find that here

2 Likes

Ser you can check it out here: Capability Controllers (new capability system) | Tutorial | Emerald Academy

1 Like

Hey, just following up here as a fellow community member.

Did the above comments, Andrea’s in particular, give you the tutorial resources you were looking for? https://play.flow.com/ looks like it could be particularly helpful!

If not, what are you missing in terms of tutorial topics, depth, approachability, etc.? Would be great to understand if folks are working on updated/improved Flow tutorials!

1 Like

Hi,
Yes, their input was very helpful. Sorry for late response, been really busy lately.

I still wonder though why the “official” documentation is not using the “new capabilities”? When I follow the examples from the link below VS Code and the cadence plugin complains on deprecation.

But overall I am impressed with Flow and its community and also Flow and its approach to “blockchaining”.

/Nicolas

1 Like