Documentation out of sync with Flow Playground

Hello Flow community!

This is my first post so pardon my ignorance, but I wonder if there’s anything I could do about certain things being out of sync between the documentation and the playground?

For example, 2. Hello World - Flow Documentation right at the bottom of section “Creating a Resource” it is mentioned that there’s a “Resources” box in the playground, same goes for the screenshot. In my experience, as of Feb 27, there’s actually a “Storage” box that’s got different namespacing for the resource that was just created.

It would be cool if there was a way to submit pull requests for simple fixes like these or even suggestions.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @morgan thank you for reporting issues in the tutorials.
We would be more than happy if you make a pull request for mentioned problems here: https://github.com/onflow/flow-playground-tutorials

1 Like

Hi @sideninja I’m getting a 404 when opening that link and your GitHub doesn’t seem to contain that repo.

@morgan sorry I gave you the wrong link. I will make sure what you wrote gets fixed. Thanks for the report. If you will find anything else let us know.

1 Like

I see a few areas in the documentation that could be updated as well (spelling, grammar) so it would be great if there was a way to submit a PR directly from a user to fix them.

I did, however, have a specific question under the 2. Hello World → Deploying Code section. Once you deploy the sample contract, there’s the following verbiage:

You can always look at this tab to verify which contracts are in which accounts, but there can only be one contract per account. - Is this accurate??

Under the contracts section in the documentation, it states that there can be any number of contracts per account. Can you help clarify?

This is still out of sync. Documentation still shows “Resources” instead of “Storage”.

You can always look at this tab to verify which contracts are in which accounts, but there can only be one contract per account. - Is this accurate??

You can have multiple contracts per account.

I see a few areas in the documentation that could be updated as well (spelling, grammar) so it would be great if there was a way to submit a PR directly from a user to fix them.

We are constantly working on improving docs and as you pointed out there is room for improvement and if you are willing to pitch in that is great, the reason the docs weren’t made public yet is that they are being completely rebuilt and we thought it might be better to be open the repo after that, I will check again for the status and let you know.