We’ve been seeing questions about epochs and staking this week. In particular, some of your are asking why the latest epoch payout is set to 0.
Here’s why (TL;DR: you’ll still get your regularly scheduled payout; this week is just a bit special):
- We’re running two additional epochs this week for a total of three:
- Last week’s epoch closed this morning and rewards were paid out as normal.
- We’re currently running a short interim epoch. The reward for this epoch is set to 0 just for the purpose of processing staking and unstaking requests.
- The third epoch cycle of the week, originally scheduled for Wednesday, 10/6/2021, has been rescheduled to Thursday 10/7/2021.
- Following the epoch on Thursday (October 7) the reward amount set back to normal, meaning you’ll receive your payout as scheduled next Tuesday.
You can find all the details related to this week’s spork and epochs in this announcement.
We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion, but hope the accelerated epoch cycles through the week have sped up staking/unstaking request processing for everyone.