We want to let you know that there will be an upgrade to the NFTStorefrontV2 smart contract.
This upgrade adds a new method to clean up the ghost listings of a seller and this upgrade also introduces a method in the
ListingPublic interface called hasListingBecomeGhosted that tells whether the listing becomes ghosted or not.
Expected dates to get the changes in effect is as follows:
- CanaryNet: Thursday, March 30th
- Testnet: Thursday, March 30th
And assuming that the upgrades on the canary and testnet go well,
- Mainnet: Friday, March 31 (This date may be delayed)
The NFTStorefrontV2 code that will be used for the upgrade can be found in this PR.
Note - We are open to changing the timeline if the community provides feedback on the suggested change.
Why This Change is Happening
- Adding the cleanupGhostListings() function proves advantageous for sellers, as it facilitates the removal of listings that no longer possess the corresponding NFT. Marketplaces, too, can harness this function to routinely purge ghost listings, thereby ensuring the accuracy and validity of displayed offerings on their dashboards.
- The addition of the hasListingBecomeGhosted() function provides invaluable insights to marketplaces and other decentralized applications (dApps) that seek to feature listings on their platforms. This function effectively discerns whether a given listing is ghosted, thereby promoting transparency and
NO ACTION REQUIRED
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please ask in the PR comments, on Discord in the #developers channel, or reply here.