Bridging tokens to Flow

it is up to your BD team for once to bring FLOW closer to relevance and make it usable to real people and not only the TS bots that boost fake numbersā€¦

Adding USDC on flow network support on CEXs is ONE step to the right direction and will benefit EVERYONE.

FYI Vitalik himself has said that he believes the main competition for Eth on worldwide transactions is binance with its between users transfers.
CEXs are the go to option for the most users, you can not neglect it like thatā€¦

Coinbase International just added support for USDC on Arbitrum, Avalanche, Polygon and Solana
https://twitter.com/CoinbaseIntExch/status/1681971408195186691?t=F2RGVSFKC7lPu3G10k2v9w&s=19

2 Likes

@sipmarch7 This is not true at all - the cost of using CCTP is purely a gas cost. This depends on what chain you are using.

@SeanRobb I appreciate your replies here, especially as it seems that you are honing in a specific problem while also understanding the big picture of on/offramps, defi and the cross-chain world we currently are living in. I move funds daily across a handful of chains, and partake in active discussions in nearly all of them - so I completely agree with the take.

What Flow needs to survive is capital inflows. Yes, some of that might come from BD work.

But there is another way - one of them is CCTP like I mentioned. You can see for example what dYdX and Strangelove (A cosmos dev studio) worked on here: dYdX Grant: Cross Chain Transfer Protocol & Noble Relaying

I propose that Flow does something similar - Offer up an RFP (Request For Proposals) for community developers to build out the necessary CCTP Cadence Smart Contracts and relayer service required to connect Flow to the Circle USDC CCTP system.

Disclaimer - I work at equilibrium.co, a cross-chain R&D lab, who has experience in working with lots of Rust-based blockchains, and also has Cadence experience from previous projects such as Flow Hydraulics.

One of the things FLOW needs to become relevant is ecosystem support to the biggest market in crypto, and that is CEXs, like Binance, and yes the still useless $flow token has support there, but the 6th, in market cap, coin (USDC) is native on FLOW blockchain, but that does NOT show up in any CEX where all the HUMANS are.
Yet there are 5-6 other chains that millions of eyes see when they try to deposit/withdraw the 6th in market cap coinā€¦
and the flow team is avoiding to answer why this is not already done when all they have to do is PAY a CEX for this feature, meanwhile they hand out tons of $flow to indie developers who straight up dumb it to make a living

Thank you for the suggestion!

Supporting the CCTP is a great call out and we are prioritizing how we can make that happen like with the grants as you describe above.

1 Like